1. Rice flour-3/4 cup
2. Health mix powder- ½ cup
3. Milk- ½ cup
4. Coconut scrapped-1/2 cup
5.Ghee –2 tbs
6. Salt – As required
- In a frying pan put ghee ,rice flour and health mix powder and fry for 5 minutes in a low flame.
- Add scrapped coconut ,sugar,salt and milk to the above mix(don´t add too much milk then you cannot hold the dough to make kolkattai).
- Take some dough in the palm of the hand and slightly press with your fingers, you will get the shape of the kolukattai as shown in the picture above.
- Place all the kolukattai in the idly making vessel and steam cook them for 10-15 minutes.
- Now Nutritious Kolukattai is ready.
- Health mix powder(sathu maavu in tamil) is a powdered mix of nuts,grains,cereals,and pulses.Since preparing this mix takes time you can buy this as health mix powder from shop, as many brands of this is available in the grocery shops.
- Otherwise you can prepare own health mix powder.